UAN Activation – Step by Step procedure for Universal Account Number (UAN) activation :
UAN Activation is a mandatory procedure that should be completed by all employees. Every EPFO Member who comes under Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, is eligible to perform UAN Activation. The employees have to Activate UAN online in order to use UAN Based Services on Unified Portal. After UAN is successfully Activated, employees can see their EPF Balance, Download EPF Passbook, Download UAN Card and check latest transactions happened in their PF Account.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has launched Universal Account Number with an aim to merge many PF Accounts of an employee into one UAN Account. So the employees do not need remember multiple Member ID or PF Account Numbers, they can check details of all PF Accounts at one place i.e. Unified Portal. But UAN Activation Process must be completed before the employees login with help of UAN Number and Password.
UAN is Universal Account Number introduced by Employees’ Provident Fund Organization in 2014. Employees who contribute a part of their salary to EPF, are allotted a 12 digit UAN Number by EPFO. The employees can get their UAN Number from their salary slip. In case the UAN Number is not mentioned in salary slip, employees are advised to contact their employer. Here we provide some methods for UAN Activation.
Methods of UAN Activation
There are several methods for UAN Activation. Here we discuss some easiest method for UAN Activation. Employees can Activate their UAN by three different methods as follows:
- UAN Activation through UAN Member e-Sewa Portal (Unified Portal)
- UAN Activation by Mobile App (m-epf)
- UAN Activation by SMS
Documents Required for UAN Activation
Employees must have following details and documents at the time of UAN Activation:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- EPFO Member ID /PF Account Number
- AADHAAR Card
- PAN Card
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Active Mobile Number
- Email ID
When you possess all the above details and documents, you may proceed to UAN Activation.
01] UAN Activation through UAN Member e-Sewa Portal (Unified Portal)
- Go to UAN Member Portal at unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out and Select the link UAN Member e-Sewa to go to relevant page.
- Navigate to Important Links section and click on UAN Activation to proceed.
- Now you need to provide some personal details.
- Enter your Universal Account Number (UAN), a 12 digit unique number.
- If you do not have UAN Number at that moment, you can enter your Member ID or PF Account Number.
- In case you do not remember EPFO Member ID, you have to provide either your AADHAAR Number or PAN Number.
- Then enter Your Name, Date of Birth (DOB) as DD/MM/YYYY as mentioned.
- Also provide your Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image and click on Get Authorization Pin.
- Soon you will receive a text message on your mobile phone.
- Enter the Authorization Pin and click on submit button to complete the UAN Activation Process.
- Your UAN will soon be Activated after review and verification of your PF Account details.
02] UAN Activation by Mobile App (m-epf)
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization also provides a procedure for UAN Activation by Mobile App. If you have a Smartphone and Internet Connection, you are able to Activate your UAN by m-epf Mobile Application. The steps for UAN Activation by Mobile App are given below:
- Get your Smartphone and make sure the Internet Data Connection is on.
- Open Application menu and select “Play Store” App. If you have iPhone, you should go to Apple App Store.
- Search m-epf in Google Play Store and click on the App to open details.
- Click on Install button and Accept the Permissions required by App.
- Wait for a few moments while the m-epf Mobile App is being downloaded and installed on your device.
- Open the m-epf Mobile App (Internet must be on and working).
- There will be three options available in m-epf Mobile App 1)Member, 2)Pensioner and 3)Employer.
- Click on Member button to proceed.
- Then select UAN Activation option to go to relevant page.
- Select your relevant EPFO Office.
- Enter your Establishment Code (07 digit), Extension Code (03 digit, leave blank if not applicable) and Employee Number (07 digit).
- Then provide your 12 digit Universal Account Number.
- Finally enter your 10 digit Mobile Number.
- Ticket the declaration statement I declare above details pertain to me and are correct.
- Click on ACTIVATE button to proceed.
- Your UAN will be Activated in a short time.
03] UAN Activation by SMS
EPFO provides facility for UAN Activation by SMS. In this case, you do not need a Smartphone or Internet. In order to UAN Activation by SMS, follow the simple steps given below:
- Open Messaging Application on your mobile phone.
- Select Create New Message option.
- Write the text as EPFOHO ACT,<<12 digit UAN number>>,<<22 digit Member ID>>.
- Please note that there should not be any space before and after coma in above SMS Text.
- Send the above text to 7738299899.
- The SMS will be charged at nominal rate by your network operator.
- After sometime, you will receive a reply message from EPFO.
- Your UAN Activation Procedure is start and will be Activated after completion of required formalities.
Know Your UAN Activation Status
In case the employees do not know their UAN Activation Status, they can find it out through following procedure:
- Go to official website at unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Select UAN Member e-Sewa link to proceed.
- Search for Know Your UAN Status and click on the link.
- Enter your Member ID or AADHAAR or PAN details.
- Provide Your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Submit the details to Know Your UAN Activation Status on your screen.
List of UAN Based Services Available for Employees
After UAN is Activated successfully, employees need to create an account with UAN Number and Password. By logging in to UAN Account, the employees can use following facilities provided by EPFO to its UAN Members:
Check EPF Balance
Employees can check their EPF Balance at anytime on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. EPF Balance can be checked with EPFO Member ID and other details, but on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal the employees are able to know EPF Balance of all linked accounts at one place. Employees can also see the List of Member IDs linked with UAN Number.
Download EPF Passbook
EPF Passbook is available to view and download for 24 hour a day on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. Moreover, the transaction details are updated every day. So the employees can download and print Updated Passbook every time they UAN login. EPF Passbook includes all recent debits and credits happened in Employee’s Provident Fund Account. Employees can download the EPF Passbook separately for different PF Accounts with one time login with UAN.
Download UAN Card
UAN Card is a document that contains key details of employee. After UAN Activation is completed, employees can login on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal with their UAN Number and Password. Employees are advised to Download & Print UAN Card, because it is important. UAN Card contains Employee’s Name, UAN Number, KYC Status and all linked Member IDs with current UAN Account.
Update KYC Information
With help of UAN Login, employees are able to Update KYC Information at anytime. For that purpose, employees must possess Scanned Copy of relevant KYC documents i.e. AADHAAR Card, PAN or any other document as required. In order to Update KYC Information on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal, the employees have to login with their UAN Number and Password.
List of Member IDs
On UAN Member e-Sewa Portal, the employees can view List of Member IDs which are linked with UAN Account. Here employees are able to see all previous Member IDs as well as present Member ID i.e. PF Account Number.
Online Claim Form
EPFO has started Online Claim Filing Facility on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. Every employee who has access to UAN Login, can fill up Online Claim Form for various purposes as follows:
PF Account Transfer Claim
Employee need to submit PF Transfer Claim at the time of changing job. EPFO has provided UAN Member e-Sewa Portal, so that the employees can file Online PF Transfer Claim.
PF Part Withdrawal Claim
Sometimes, employee has to withdraw some part of Provident Fund to meet necessary expenses. EPFO allows the employees for partial withdrawal from PF Account in certain cases like marriage, medical emergency etc. Employees can file PF Withdrawal Form Online through UAN Member e-Sewa Portal.
PF Final Settlement Claim
At the time of retirement, employee wishes to withdraw whole money from his/her PF Account. PF Final Settlement Claim Form is also available online on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal. According to EPFO Rules, employee can apply for PF Final Settlement only after two months of retirement or superannuation.
Employees who have contributed whole life in Pension Scheme, are eligible to withdraw Pension from EPFO. This facility has been made online now, employees need to fill up the Pension Withdraw Form on UAN Member e-Sewa Portal after Sign In with their UAN Number and Password.
Know Your Claim Status
After filing a claim online, it takes some time to get approved. So the employees are eager to know their Claim Status. In order to check Claim Status, employees have to visit the official portal at passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/.
Kindly visit Official Website at www.epfindia.gov.in and unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in to get more information about UAN Activation, Benefits of UAN Activation, Procedure to Activate UAN, Facilities Available under UAN Based Services etc.